0:00 / 4:49
Listen to this page by clicking the player below!
Listen to this page by clicking the player . . .
You’re dyslexic? Wow! That means you have some amazing gifts! The planet needs your unique brilliance!
What you'll find on these pages:
These pages and articles are dedicated to understanding:
- What dyslexia is.
- The unique challenges of growing up dyslexic on emotional wellbeing: key areas of difficulty and suggestions for support.
- The kinds of psychotherapy that are best suited for dyslexics, including information about my psychotherapeutic palette.
- Resources: Videos of dyslexics speaking about their experiences; books and articles; inspiration and information.
You'll also find all this information in one document on my Blog—look for the Blog Post called For Dyslexics—You Are Amazing! at this link: Dyslexic Blog
Would you like to have a PDF with all of this information in one document? Great! Find the Article called For Dyslexics—You Are Amazing! on my Articles page at this link: Dyslexic PDF Article
Follow these links to learn more:
- Facts, Myths, Statistics, and The Hell of School
- Famous Dyslexics
- How the Dyslexic Brain Works
- Dyslexics Strengths Explained--The M.I.N.D. Strengths
- The Emotional Impact of Being Dyslexic—Anxiety, Depression, Self Esteem, Grief and Trauma
- Psychotherapy for Dyslexic Adults with Kathleen Dunbar
- Assistive Technologies and Accommodations
- “Disability” versus “Difference” and the Lens of Public Perception
To learn more about a particular struggle, and for some suggestions and help along the way, click on any of the following:
- Low Self Esteem
- Being Invisible and Difficulty Asking For Help
- Grief, Loss, Intense Sorrow and Almost Unfathomable Pain
- "Impostor Syndrome"
- Anxiety and Fear, PTSD, Trauma and Panic Attacks
- Not Believing You Have A Positive Future and Not Knowing Who You Really Are
Please note, the exercises you will find here are not meant to replace professional help. If you find that they are activating to you, please seek the guidance of a professional. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area and would like a free consult to see how I might accompany you on your journey, please reach out and call me at 415/668-5130.